- Make a list of what you have to sell first.
- Weed out items that are not in good condition. No need to tag items that are worn or broken.
- Make sure all pieces are included in games, puzzles, etc...
- Sales are available year round but many of them are in the spring and fall.
- Consigners make a percentage of the sale determined by the organizer.
- Consigners normally must tag their own items.
- Consigners and volunteers usually benefit by getting the chance to shop early.
- Find out all of the facts about the sale first. Will you profit more by volunteering also?
- Make sure to know all dates and procedures for drop off and pickup of your items.
- Some sales offer a donation option when the sale is complete if you prefer not to pick up your items.
- Find out when you will get paid. Do you pick up the check or will it be mailed?
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Consignment Sales-Part 2: Consigning
If you want to be part of a consignment sale here are a few tips to remember.