- Don't bring your kids if at all possible. Find a friend to shop with to scour for the best bargains together or separate to cover more ground.
- Have some idea what you are wanting to look for. It can seem overwhelming entering a sale if you don't have some sort of purpose. Are you needing baby equipment, newborn clothes, toys, or even maternity clothes? Will you buy for this spring or next year? What sizes will you need? Make a mental note or write down a quick list to reference while shopping before hand.
- Check to see if there are certain times kids and strollers are not allowed. Some sales have this policy now.
- Don't forget to check out the toy section to stock up for upcoming holidays or parties. Often times you can find items that have never been open.
- Set your budget before hand. It is very easy to get carried away with all the great deals. Ask yourself do I really need this item? Shopping with only cash will help keep you on your budget.
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Consignment Sales-Part 1: Shopping
Consignment sales are great to visit when you are looking to buy clothes, toys and baby equipment at excellent prices. Below I have listed some helpful tips if you plan on shopping a consignment sale.