Saturday, April 16, 2011

Saturday's Sweet Recipe

I wanted to start my Saturday series on Sweet Recipes with one that reminds me of weekend visits with my grandma. She taught me me so much about being a mother, daughter, and friend. Her recipes  are still my favorite ones to make for my own family. This is a dessert she would make for us on special occasions or just to have something sweet for that weekend visit at her house. I hope you get the chance to make this yummy treat and share it with those you love!

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake:
First in a large skillet, melt 2 c. brown sugar and 1/3 c. margarine or butter. Then arrange pineapple slices and red cherries in mixture lining the cake pan.
Next combine and beat well 1/4 c. margarine or butter with 1 c. of sugar. Then add 1 egg.
Then mix remaining ingredients, beating well, then add to sugar-butter mixture: 2 c. flour, 1 c. sugar, 1 c. milk, 2 t. baking powder and 1/4 t. salt. Finally, spread mixture over the fruit and bake for 1 hour at 375 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow to cool about 20 minutes before turning out of the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment